Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created “Birthday Bonanza” projects to inspire you to make for all of your family and friends. We hope you enjoy and are inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments because we all love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I chose products from the Whale of a Time Suite to create a birthday card for this hop. Everything about this suite is great, but I have to say that my favorite part is the Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper. The paper is so beautiful and versatile that you almost don’t need any other products to create an awesome card!
For this card, I actually used 3 pieces of the DSP. The first one is for the beautiful background. I used this one for the two turtles.
And this one is used for the light blue circle.
Whale of a Time Birthday Bonanza Card Instructions
- Pool Party Card Base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″
- Pacific Point – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Pacific Point – 3-1/2″ x 1″
- Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Using the birthday sentiment from the Whale Done stamp set and the Stamparatus position tool, stamp with Versamark on the 3-1/2″ x 1″ piece of Pacific Point cardstock. Cover with white embossing powder and melt with the heating tool.
- Use the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch to punch a Pacific Point circle. Use the 2″ Circle Punch to punch out the top of the DSP mentioned above.
Cut and Tape
- Cut a 7″ piece of Pool Party Sheer Ribbon and spread it across the background piece of DSP. Use scotch tape to adhere both ends to the back.
- Run some Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Glue on the back of the DSP with the ribbon and adhere it to the piece of Pacific Point.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to glue that piece to the card base.
- Use the photo above as a guide to glue the sentiment and the two circles to the card with Stampin’ Seal.
- Use mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the turtles to the card as shown.
- Place some of the clear embellishments from the Frosty and Clear Epoxy Droplets pack on the card.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 10th when our theme will be “Cute Critters” where the design team will be sharing projects that will feature critters of all sorts to inspire you. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple <<< You are here!
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery