I know I’m late to the party, but this is the first slimline card I have ever made and I can assure you it won’t be the last! I decided to make this Amazing Mom Mother’s Day Slimline Card using products from the new 2021 – 2022 Annual Stampin’ Up! catalog.
What is a Slimline Card
In case you didn’t know, a slimline card is a long and narrow card. The dimensions can be different but the most standard size is 8-1/2″ x 3-1-2 “. This size fits perfectly into a regular #10 business envelope. There are also mini slimline cards that measure 6″ x 3-1/2”. My Mother’s Day Slimline Card is a large one.
There are a couple of things I really love about this card. First is the beautiful Polished Pink color from the new 2021-2023 In Colors. The paper is gorgeous on the “Mom” and the ink is beautiful on the flowers.
The second thing is exactly how I created the “Mom”! I used the Foam Adhesive Sheets from Stampin’ Up! and stuck it to the cardstock before I ran the letters though the die cut machine. Then all you have to do is peel off the back and stick them on the card!
Amazing Mom Mother’s Day Slimline Card Step-by-Step Tutorial
Use your Stampin’ Trimmer to cut the following pieces:
- Basic White Base – 8-1/2″ x 7″, score at 3-1/2″
- Mango Melody – 8-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Mossy Meadow – 8″ x 3″
- Basic White – 7-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Basic White – 6″ x 8″
- Polished Pink – 3-1/2″ x 1-1/2″
Die Cut Letters
- Cut one foam adhesive sheet to fit the 3-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ piece of Polished Pink cardstock. Stick it to the cardstock. Use your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine to die cut “Mom” with the Playful Alphabet Dies. Leave the backing on the letters
- Use your Stamparatus Positioning Tool to stamp the sentiment from the Color & Contour stamp set with Black Memento Ink on the Basic White layer. Line up the “Mom” letters on the cardstock to know where to stamp.
- Stamp the flowers from the same stamp set with Black Memento Ink on the 6″ x 8″ piece of Basic White. Stamp the insides of the flowers with Polished Pink and Mango Melody Ink.
- Use the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend to color the middle of the Mango Melody flowers, and use the Light Melon Mambo Stampin’ Blend to color the middle of the Polished Pink flowers.
- Use your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine to die cut the flowers with the Scalloped Contours dies.
- Take the foam adhesive backing off the “Mom” letters and stick it on the white layer above the stamped sentiment.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the flowers to the same layer.
- Use Stampin’ Seal to adhere the Mango Melody layer to the card base. Then glue the Mossy Meadow layer on top of the Mango Melody. Finally, stick the Basic White layer (with the flowers, sentiment, and “Mom”) to the Mossy Meadow layer.